If proper precautions are not followed while handling bloodborne pathogens, it increases the risk of infection. There are various professions in which individuals come in direct contact with blood and other body fluids and it is important that they are educated and trained about the various aspects of handling them.
The U S Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) have various standards that need to be followed by all employers. The employers will need to train all employees about the various risks and precautions that need to be followed while coming into contact with blood or other body fluids.
The training will need to be reviewed each year and this will ensure that the employee is aware of the latest safety procedures to follow. It is advisable to have a question and answer session as part of the training program so that doubts can be clarified immediately.
Employees are also offered the option of getting a free Hepatitis vaccination after they have completed their training. However employees can choose not to take up the option.
Top 5 Things To Know About Bloodborne Pathogens Training
1. Indiviuals who are exposed to bloodborne pathogens will need to follow universal precautions. The training program will help in creating awareness about these precautions. It will also talk about the various risks when these precautions are not followed.
2. There are various types of protective equipment that can be used to help safeguard against any kind of infection. The training program will help you know about the various equipments that are available and how they should be used.
3. The protective gear may become contaminated after coming into contact with blood pathogens. They should need to be disposed of properly to help prevent any kind of infection to yourself and others. The training will specify proper procedures and methods to dispose such contaminated equipment.
4. There are various modes in which the pathogens are transmitted and the training program will teach employees about the correct ways to do the transmission. Apart from this they would also become aware of ways in which the transmission should not be done.
5. The various safety procedures that need to be followed in case of an emergency can also be learned through the bloodborne pathogen training program.
6. There are different colored labels and symbols that are used to differentiate between the various blood and body fluid samples. The training will also impart knowledge about the different colors and symbols and the precautions to be followed while handling them.
Individuals who work in professions that require them to come into direct contact with blood and other body fluids will be required to complete training. The training will equip them with adequate knowledge about bloodborne pathogens.
The training program is also available online and this is really useful for working professionals as they would be able to schedule it as per their convenience. There are many fatal diseases that can be caused due to exposure to bloodborne pathogens and proper training will greatly reduce the risks associated with it.
For more information, please visit our bloodborne pathogens website.
- What Are The Various Components Of Bloodborne Pathogens Training
- How Bloodborne Pathogens Training Can Ensure Safety
- What Are The Things You Should Know After Completing Bloodborne Pathogens Training
- How Bloodborne Pathogens Training Will Help In Handling Occupational Exposure
- Why Bloodborne Pathogens Training Is Important To Prevent Infection